The latest edition of Tony Soper's succesful wildlife series, North Atlantic: A Guide to the Wildlife, is beautifully illustrated throughout with watercolour paintings by renowned wildlife artist Dan Powell. This full-colour guide covers the surface wildlife that inhabits the waters of the North Atlantic. As a practical guide, it's an ideal companion for anyone at sea or exploring the coast between Brittany and the British Isles, Norway, the Faroe Islands, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland and Maine. Sail the region and experience the company of gannets, fulmars, pigeons, leaping dolphins and sociable seals.
As a souvenir, it is the perfect book to bring back memories of the birds, whales and other marine life to whom these waters are home.
• Invertebrates, molluscs, fish, birds, reptiles and mammals
• Migratory birds and racing pigeons
• History, discovery and exploitation, illustrated with original engravings
• Fishing vessel shapes and day/night signals
• Scientific and common names in English, French, German and Dutch